Providing a clean and safe environment for you and our staff is our top priority. If you’ve stayed with us before, you will notice a few changes intended to keep everyone safe and healthy as you enjoy warm hospitality, and beautiful Mount Desert Island.
- Please wear a face mask when entering the Inn and while in common areas. We will be wearing masks also, for your safety.
- Breakfast will be served “to go” and is available from 7:00 until 9:00.
- Social Distancing Guidelines will be observed throughout the Inn, we ask that you please respect the space of those around you.
- We are using CDC recommended cleaning products and have increased the frequency of cleaning high-touch areas. Our staff are encouraged to increase frequency of hand washing and are instructed to remain home if they are not feeling well.
- Per State of Maine recommendations housekeeping service will not be provided on a daily basis during your stay. We will provide items you require, such as toiletries, fresh linens, and in-room amenities delivered to your room upon request daily.
- You will also notice that extra materials such as books, menus and brochures have been removed temporarily to reduce risk of virus transmission.
The list of states exempted from the testing/quarantine requirements now also includes New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut!
“The Mills Administration announced today that it is exempting visitors from the States of Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey from the 14-day quarantine requirement or negative COVID-19 testing alternative, effective this Friday, July 3, 2020.”
To those traveling to Bar Harbor who are not residents of Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont, the State of Maine has adopted the following guidelines;
“People who are not residents of Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont must complete a Certificate of Compliance form that people will sign stating that they have received a negative COVID-19 test result, have already quarantined in Maine, or will quarantine in Maine for 14 days. This form must be provided and filled out either prior to or at the time of check-in. The visitor will also submit that they are not currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.”
Further details are available at the Keep Maine Healthy website: https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine/keepmainehealthy/faqs
A sample of the form is here: https://www.maine.gov/decd/sites/maine.gov.decd/files/inline-files/KeepMaineHealthy_GuestComplianceCertificate.pdf